Five years ago the job title of coordinator of meaningful use (or meaningful use director/coordinator) didn’t exist. That, of course, is starting to change as job openings for people specializing in the “meaningful use” EHR Incentive Program are starting to pop up.
The scope of meaningful use is very broad, and basically encompasses all of the clinical care we as professionals provide and the demographics we collect. The reason it’s important to have someone oversee the whole process is because it’s complex. The scope is across the whole healthcare system.
What this training involves the following:
- Learning how to oversee the attestation process:
- provider registration,
- and responding to audits.
- Operational responsibilities including technically aligning Federal requirements with functional workflows in the Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Coordinating operational changes and communication with clinic leadership.
- Create Reports for the MU Steering and Operations Teams on the progress of provider attestation readiness.
- Introduction to the oversight responsibilities for other government incentive programs.